WE HAVE A NEED...
- College Discovery Program (IYB)-15 (8 males) mentors needed 2 hrs/week contact: email@example.com
- Big Brother/Big Sister (IYB) 60 (particularly males and males of color) jgibson@city of Ithaca.org
- Golden Opportunity -30 tutors needed providing one-to-one tutoring, mentorship, advocacy; focus is on building skills in core academic subjects for grades 2-8 in ICSD contact: Kolby Harrell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mentor-Student Program CCE – 15 adult male-10 adult females mentors needed Contact: SusieKossack email@example.com
- Paul Schreurs – 4 tutors Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Village at Ithaca – 15 Tutors needed Contact: Karen Yearwood email@example.com
The Village at Ithaca is looking for engaged community members and college students to help Ithaca area students reach their academic goals during this academic school year. This volunteer opportunity is a once or twice weekly commitment, totaling 1-3 hours per week for a short period of six weeks or longer, from beginning January 2019.
How can you help? Become an Achievement Coach (tutor) who engages students in their academic development by:
(1) encouraging them to see themselves as capable learners,
(2) working with them to increase their understanding of key concepts in their courses,
(3) supporting them to always give their best effort,
(4) connecting with them to build trust and comfort,
(5) helping them to identify their strengths so they can use them more productively,
(6) increasing positive peer support for academic success.
To volunteer contact Maimouna Phelan, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (607) 256-0780.
We Want to share...
The Vector Network Program at Tompkins-Cortland Community College supports students in the first year of college with peer mentoring and extra activities before and during the semester.
Learn more about the Vector Network at TC3 at:
Applications for the First Year Program are due by August 1, 2019.
Applications for the Summer Institute are due by May 1, 2019.
Amount: 50-250K over 3 years
The purpose of this U.S. Department of Agriculture program is to develop the capacity and ability of organizations to undertake projects related to housing, community facilities, or community and economic development in rural areas. purpose of this U.S. Department of Agriculture program is to develop the capacity and ability of organizations to undertake projects related to housing, community facilities, or community and economic development in rural areas.
Submit a new need, resource to be shared, or opportunity using this form.
Please include as much information as possible!