WE HAVE A NEED...
- College Discovery Program (IYB)-15 (8 males) mentors needed 2 hrs/week contact: [email protected]
- Golden Opportunity: Experienced and dedicated educators needed to provide tutoring and mentorship to ICSD students in grades 2 – 8. GO Tutors support their student’s academic needs, emotional health, and wellbeing, develop strong partnerships with teachers and caregivers, and bridge the gap between home and school. Tutors and students begin their journey in second grade and remain together throughout middle school, building a familial-type relationship based on trust, support, and love. Please contact Marne Honigbaum for more information: [email protected]
- Mentor-Student Program CCE – 15 adult male-10 adult females mentors needed Contact: SusieKossack [email protected]
- Paul Schreurs – 4 tutors Contact: [email protected]
- Village at Ithaca – 15 Tutors needed Contact: Karen Yearwood [email protected]
The Village at Ithaca is looking for engaged community members and college students to help Ithaca area students reach their academic goals during this academic school year. This volunteer opportunity is a once or twice weekly commitment, totaling 1-3 hours per week for a short period of six weeks or longer, from beginning January 2019.
How can you help? Become an Achievement Coach (tutor) who engages students in their academic development by:
(1) encouraging them to see themselves as capable learners,
(2) working with them to increase their understanding of key concepts in their courses,
(3) supporting them to always give their best effort,
(4) connecting with them to build trust and comfort,
(5) helping them to identify their strengths so they can use them more productively,
(6) increasing positive peer support for academic success.
To volunteer contact Maimouna Phelan, [email protected] or by phone at (607) 256-0780.
We Want to share...
- Hip Hop & Health
- Food & Race: A Discussion for Middle & High School Students
- A Family Discussion About Food & Race (for 8 – 11 year olds plus one adult
- Healthy Cooking with Darshana
- Animal Pose Yoga with Emani
- Food & Environment (for middle and high school students)
- Italian Cooking with Esther
- Meet the Animals at Catskill Animal Sanctuary
Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP), which provides summer work experiences for youth ages 14-20 in Tompkins County, has received additional funding this year. If you were on our Waiting List, you will be contacted in the next week with further instructions. If you have not applied yet, SYEP has re-opened its youth application and its worksite application. Youth and Worksites, you can apply by Wednesday, July 15th. Workers who apply by July 15th and get all paperwork completed promptly will begin work the week of July 20th and work for 6 weeks. Youth Worker Eligibility Requirements:
- Ages 14-20 on July 1, 2020
- A Resident of Tompkins County
- Income Eligible (TANF Recipient or household income within guidelines – see chart on page 4 of our application)
Positions open for:
- Fresh Snack Project Manager
- Seasonal Harvest Box and Market Manager
- Summer Crew Leaders (teens)
HEARD is an organization at Ithaca College. We train volunteers every Fall to bring creative arts programming to the incarcerated youth (males ages 14-20) at the MacCormick Secure Center in Brooktondale, NY. We also hold art displays, documentary screenings, and community discussions. Additionally, we partner with other Ithaca College organizations focused on prison reform. Email us at [email protected] for more information and/or to get involved!
The Engaged Cornell faculty listserv is way for local organizations to connect to a large pool of Cornell faculty. Because research and teaching partnerships are planned well in advance, this resource may be of best use in building relationships with those who share your interests so you may collaborate in the future. The listserv may be useful to find collaborators for data analysis, internship opportunities, community-university partnerships, and other projects.
Submit a new need, resource to be shared, or opportunity using this form.
Please include as much information as possible!