WE HAVE A NEED...
- College Discovery Program (IYB)-15 (8 males) mentors needed 2 hrs/week contact: [email protected]
- Golden Opportunity -30 tutors needed providing one-to-one tutoring, mentorship, advocacy; focus is on building skills in core academic subjects for grades 2-8 in ICSD contact: Kolby Harrell [email protected]
- Mentor-Student Program CCE – 15 adult male-10 adult females mentors needed Contact: SusieKossack [email protected]
- Paul Schreurs – 4 tutors Contact: [email protected]
- Village at Ithaca – 15 Tutors needed Contact: Karen Yearwood [email protected]
The Village at Ithaca is looking for engaged community members and college students to help Ithaca area students reach their academic goals during this academic school year. This volunteer opportunity is a once or twice weekly commitment, totaling 1-3 hours per week for a short period of six weeks or longer, from beginning January 2019.
How can you help? Become an Achievement Coach (tutor) who engages students in their academic development by:
(1) encouraging them to see themselves as capable learners,
(2) working with them to increase their understanding of key concepts in their courses,
(3) supporting them to always give their best effort,
(4) connecting with them to build trust and comfort,
(5) helping them to identify their strengths so they can use them more productively,
(6) increasing positive peer support for academic success.
To volunteer contact Maimouna Phelan, [email protected] or by phone at (607) 256-0780.
The Engaged Cornell faculty listserv is way for local organizations to connect to a large pool of Cornell faculty. Because research and teaching partnerships are planned well in advance, this resource may be of best use in building relationships with those who share your interests so you may collaborate in the future. The listserv may be useful to find collaborators for data analysis, internship opportunities, community-university partnerships, and other projects.
HEARD is an organization at Ithaca College. We train volunteers every Fall to bring creative arts programming to the incarcerated youth (males ages 14-20) at the MacCormick Secure Center in Brooktondale, NY. We also hold art displays, documentary screenings, and community discussions. Additionally, we partner with other Ithaca College organizations focused on prison reform. Email us at [email protected] for more information and/or to get involved!
Submit a new need, resource to be shared, or opportunity using this form.
Please include as much information as possible!