WE HAVE A NEED...
- College Discovery Program (IYB)-15 (8 males) mentors needed 2 hrs/week contact: [email protected]
- Golden Opportunity -30 tutors needed providing one-to-one tutoring, mentorship, advocacy; focus is on building skills in core academic subjects for grades 2-8 in ICSD contact: Kolby Harrell [email protected]
- Mentor-Student Program CCE – 15 adult male-10 adult females mentors needed Contact: SusieKossack mskoss[email protected]
- Paul Schreurs – 4 tutors Contact: [email protected]
- Village at Ithaca – 15 Tutors needed Contact: Karen Yearwood [email protected]
The Village at Ithaca is looking for engaged community members and college students to help Ithaca area students reach their academic goals during this academic school year. This volunteer opportunity is a once or twice weekly commitment, totaling 1-3 hours per week for a short period of six weeks or longer, from beginning January 2019.
How can you help? Become an Achievement Coach (tutor) who engages students in their academic development by:
(1) encouraging them to see themselves as capable learners,
(2) working with them to increase their understanding of key concepts in their courses,
(3) supporting them to always give their best effort,
(4) connecting with them to build trust and comfort,
(5) helping them to identify their strengths so they can use them more productively,
(6) increasing positive peer support for academic success.
To volunteer contact Maimouna Phelan, [email protected] or by phone at (607) 256-0780.
We Want to share...
The Vector Network Program at Tompkins-Cortland Community College supports students in the first year of college with peer mentoring and extra activities before and during the semester.
Learn more about the Vector Network at TC3 at:
Applications for the First Year Program are due by August 1, 2019.
Applications for the Summer Institute are due by May 1, 2019.
The Engaged Cornell faculty listserv is way for local organizations to connect to a large pool of Cornell faculty. Because research and teaching partnerships are planned well in advance, this resource may be of best use in building relationships with those who share your interests so you may collaborate in the future. The listserv may be useful to find collaborators for data analysis, internship opportunities, community-university partnerships, and other projects.
Submit a new need, resource to be shared, or opportunity using this form.
Please include as much information as possible!