Last updated June 19th, 2018
Note: If you have items that you would like to add to this page, please contact backbone staff.
NEW TO COLLECTIVE IMPACT?
- “Getting Started” with Collective Impact (Collective Impact Forum)
- Resources on how to launch a CI initiative
- Collective Impact Feasibility Framework (Collective Impact Forum)
- A framework to assess if CI is the right approach to address a social problem
- Collective Impact (Kania and Kramer, 2011)
- The original Stanford Social Innovation Review article defining Collective Impact
- Channeling Change: Making Collective Impact Work (Hanleybrown, Kania, and Kramer; 2012)
- A article discussing preconditions required for successful Collective Impact, agenda setting, the types of backbone organizations that exist, and profiles of Collective Impact initiatives (GAIN and Communities That Care) that have made significant progress in achieving goals.
Collective impact Consultancies and Organizations
- Collective Impact Forum
- Founded by FSG and the Aspen Institute’s Forum for Community Solutions, CIF offers discussion forums, links to Collective Impact resources, and Collective Impact trainings.
- The Tamarack Institute
- A Canadian organization focused on eliminating poverty. Provides research, training resources, and documented stories of success in the areas of Collective Impact, Community Engagment, Collaborative Leadership, Community Innovation, and Collective Impact evaluation.
- FSG – Collective Impact
- A consulting company specializing in planning, evaluation, and implementation.
- Collaboration For Impact
- CFI is based in Australia. Their ebsite offers podcasts, webinars, and summaries of publications/information related to Collective Impact.
Training, Conference, and Webinar Calendars
- Collective Impact Events – (Collective Impact Forum)
- Summits/conferences related to Collective Impact and upcoming trainings affiliated with Collective Impact Forum are listed here.
- Collective Impact Events – (Tamarack Institute, Canada)
- Events, webinars, and Communities of Practice (interactive online meetings of practitioners) hosted by the Tamarack Institute.
Collective Impact Networking and training Resources
- Collective Impact Initiative Directory (Collective Impact Forum)
- Hosted by the Collective Impact Forum, this comprehensive directory lists collective impact initiatives taking place around the world.
- Communities of Practice (Tamarack Institute)
- A community of Collective Impact practitioners sharing experiences and learning from one another.
- Collective Impact Evaluation Guide (Collective Impact Forum)
- Guide to CI assessment – is the initiative achieving its goals?
- Collective Impact Forum Resources Page
- Links to webinars, videos, and case studies for general information on Collective Impact
- The Value of Backbone Organizations in Collective Impact (Stanford Social Innovation Review)
- A four-part series of articles discussing the role of backbone organizations in Collective Impact success, the challenges they face and best practices, and measuring success.