The MBK-Ithaca Strategic Plan includes goals to develop the following elements:
1) Late-night programming
2) Out of town trips
3) Development of a sports/community complex for teens
4) Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) programs targeted for college admissions
5) Summer Program
6) College Life Experience
Developing programming that includes several different outlets that would occur on Friday and Saturday nights. Examples include: late night open gym, movie nights, social events, drama and arts.
- There are several sports that could be developed, from basketball to jump rope.
- Affordability important for low income families
- Present a “what next” element – COLLEGE
- A “college connector” is required because children of color are not being recruited through high school coaching staff.